close

Holy crap!   → 媽的!;靠! ; 夭壽ㄛ!   (= holy moly!)

Dude → 老兄,兄弟 ( hey dude=  yo, man!)

Pull over!把車子開到旁邊。

Drop me a line!寫封信給我。

Give me a ring = Call me!來個電話吧!

For here or to go?堂食或外賣。

What’s up? “最近在忙什麼?有什麼新鮮事嗎?回答是“Nothing much!”“Nothing new!”

Cut it out! = Knock it out= Stop it! 少來這一套!同學之間開玩笑的話。

Don’t give me a hard time! 別跟我過不去好不好!

Get yourself together! 振作點行不行!

Give me a break! 你饒了我吧!

Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。

What a big hassle. 真是個麻煩事。

What a crummy day. 多倒楣的一天。

Go for it. 加油 You bet. = Of course. 當然;看我的!

Wishful thinking. 一廂情願的想法。

Don’t be so fussy! 別那麼挑剔好不好。

Take things for granted. 自以為理所當然。

Don’t put on airs. 別擺架子。

Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!

What’s the catch? 有什麼內幕?

Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 眼中釘,肉中刺。

Skeleton in the closet. 家醜

Don’t get on my nerve! 別把我惹毛了!

A fat chance. =A poor chance. 機會很小

I am racking my brains. 我正在絞盡腦

She’s a real drag. 她真有點礙手礙腳

Spacingout = daydreaming. 做白日夢

By all means = Definitely. 一定是。

Let’s get a bite. = Let’s go eat. 去吃點東西吧!

I’ll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). = It’s on me. = My treat. 我請客

My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服

I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!

May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你不能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。)

I am not myself today. 我今天什麼都不對勁!

Let’s get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!

What’s the rush! 急什麼!

Such a fruitcake! 神經病! I

’ll swing by later. =I’ll stop by later. 待會兒,我會來轉一下。

I got the tip straight from the horse’s mouth. 這個消息是千真萬確的tip指消息)!

flunk out 被當掉

take French leave 不告而別

I don’t get the picture. =I don’t understand. 我不明白。

You should give him a piece of your mind. 你應該向他表達你的不滿。

hit the road = take off = get on one’s way 離開。

Now he is in the driver’s seat =He is in control now.

Keep a low profile (or low key). 採取低姿態。

Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。

klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白癡、笨蛋。

know one’s way around 識途老馬。

lion’s share 大部份。

tailgate 尾隨(尤其跟車跟得太近)。

take a back seat. 讓步。

take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滾開。

hit the hay =go to bed 睡覺。

Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 載我一程好嗎?

green hand 生手、沒有經驗的人。

moonshine = mountain dew 指私釀的烈酒(威士卡)或走私的酒。

胡說八道也可用moonshineHis story is plain moonshine.

chill out =calm down =relax(來自黑人英語)

rip off =stealI was ripped off. 我被了;rip off 也常被用剝奪”My right was ripped off. 權利被剝奪(來自黑人英語)

G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe: 美國大兵

mess around (with)瞎混;

Get to work. Don’t mess around. 趕快工作,別瞎攪和。

snob 勢利眼

sneak in, sneak out 偷偷溜進去,溜出來 sneakers 運動鞋

She is such a brown-nose. 她是個馬屁精。

This is in way over my head. 對我而言這實在太難了。

I am an exam jitter and I always get a cramp in my stomach. 我是個考試緊張大師,一考試胃就抽筋。

Keep your study (work) on track. 按進度讀書(工作)。

Did you come up with any ideas? 有沒有想到什麽新的意見?

Don’t get uptight! Take it easy. 別緊張,慢慢來!

Cheese! It tastes like cardboard. 天哪,吃起來味如嚼臘!

Get one’s feet wet. 與中文裏的涉足下海,寓意相同,表示初嘗某事。

I am going to try dancing for the very first time. Just to get my feet wet.

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    daiwendy 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()